Organizational Learning and Instructional Technology
Read our current Assessment Plan at Illinois Central College [PDF]
Course-Level Assessment website
To complete and share your course level assessments.
Course-Level Assessment Tutorial
This online tutorial will show you how to login and complete your course-level assessment.
- AQIP Action Project Guide: Program Goal Mapping in Applied Science Degrees and Certificates [PDF]
- How to Write a Program Mission Statement [PDF]
- Writing Program Goals [PDF]
- HORTICULTURE-LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT Associate of Applied Science (General Ed goals) [XLSX/Excel File]
- HORTICULTURE-LANDSCAPING Certificate Program Goals [XLSX/Excel File]
- 2012-2013 Assessment of Student Learning Plan [PDF]
- General Education Goal Assessment and 2012-2013 Assessment Recommendations [PDF]
- General Education Goal Assessment and 2011-2012 Assessment Recommendations [PDF]
- Summary Report of the General Education Assessment on Mathematical Reasoning – Goal #3
View the Prezi Presentation
- General Education Assessment Recomendation (2010-2011) [PDF]
- General Education Assessment Results (2009-2010) [ICCNET] - This resource is only provided on-campus. Firefox users must enter their network login to access this resource.
- Revised Blooms Taxonomy [PDF]
- Engaging Departments: Assessing Student Learning[PDF]
- HLC Statement on Assessment of Student Learning[PDF]
- AAC&U Oral Communication Value Rubric [PDF]
- Board of Research & Practice in Assessment Journal Website
- Index of Individual institutions' assessment systems
The difference between assessment and evaluation [PDF]
Article that explains the difference between assessment and evaluation.
Assessment Definitions [PDF]
Common assessment terminology and definitions, including an assessment "how-to."
Resources from the Assessment Fair held on May 8, 2013.
- May 8, 2013 Assessment Fair Flyer [PDF]
- Assessment Fair 2013 [web page]
- Lessons Learned About Program
Assessment: CTE & General Education Perspectives [PDF]
- 5 Key Assessment Questions [PDF]
- Using a Tablet to Conduct Assessment [PDF]
- Peer Review That Works [web page]
- Strategies to Ease the Stress: “Takhomasak” of Assessment Tool Ideas [PDF]
- Tackling Assessment with Blackboard Technology [PDF]
- Roadmap to Student Learning: Curriculum Mapping [PDF]
- Real World Assessment: Where Math and Science Meet Agriculture [PDF]
- Assessing Student Learning Using an Online Homework Management System [PDF]
Resources from the Assessment Fair held on May 9, 2012.
Resources from the Assessment Fair held on May 11, 2011.
- May 11, 2011 Assessment Fair Flyer [PDF]
- May 11, 2011 Assessment Fair Survey Summary [PDF]
- Tackling Assessment with Technology [website]
- How to Effectively Use Your Assessment Results [PDF]
- Mapping General Education Goals for an Associate Degree Program [PDF]
- Higher Learning Commission Assessment Workshop Photos
Wed, May 14, 8:45 am – 2:00 pm
Register now open for ICC's 4th Annual Spring Assessment Fair - Digging into Data: Get Your Hands Dirty! scheduled for Wednesday, May 14, 2014. A tentative schedule for the day can be found online at: Assessment Fair Schedule [PDF]
Registration is requested for the morning/breakfast session and for lunch. The online registration form can be found online at: Assessment Fair Registration [FORM]. Breakout sessions and committee meetings do not require an RSVP.
Course Level Assessment Success Story (flier with more details) [PDF]
Improve student learning by sharing your experiences and inspiring your colleagues. Download the application, below.
Course Level Assessment Success Story Application [DOCX]
Illinois Central College faculty and staff attended the 18th Annual Assessment Fair for Illinois Community Colleges: Assessing the Student Experience on Friday, Feb. 21 — at Moraine Valley Community College.
Keynote speakers at Illinois Central College
1st Regional Invitational Assessment Fair on Wednesday, May 8, 2013. Presentation resources listed in left column, below.
ICC Faculty and Staff attended Elgin
Community College Assessment Fair on Friday, February 15, 2013.
ICC Faculty and Staff at UIPUI (Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis) Assessment Conference, October 2012
ICC Faculty and Staff at the HLC Assessment Workshop, October 2012 in St. Charles, IL
Linda Suskie, Celebration of Learning 2012 Keynote Speaker
Linked here is a consultant’s view from a one day visit with ICC. Linda Suskie was our August Celebration of Learning Keynote Speaker, Author and Assessment Consultant. She learned about us from our General Education Goals, Assessment Plan, CCSSE 2010 results, ICC website and visiting with us during lunch and the 2 breakout sessions following her keynote address. Visit Linda Suskie's web page to learn more about her.
Videos by Michelle Saint-Germain, California State University, Long Beach.
- Assessment Quickies #1: What Are Student Learning Outcomes?http://youtu.be/819OSM2QSKo
- Assessment Quickies #2: Writing Student Learning Outcomeshttp://youtu.be/KA0DeysBX7M
- Assessment Quickies #3: Levels of Student Learning http://youtu.be/9XTpyloIuxA
- Assessment Quickies #4: Mapping Student Learning Outcomes to the Curriculum
- Assessment Quickies #5: Choosing Assessment Measures http://youtu.be/pVyOQCpZI5w
- Assessment Quickies #6: Matching Assessment to Teaching and Learning
- Assessment Quickies #7: Collecting Assessment Evidence http://youtu.be/Ld012Em96tU
- Assessment Quickies #8: Analyzing Evidence of Student Learning http://youtu.be/BgYEWVTiu80
- Assessment Quickies #9: Using Evidence of Student Learning for Program Improvement
- Assessment Quickies #10: Why Assess Student Learning http://youtu.be/7HZPBM8AkLE
Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATS)
- PreTest/ PostTest Tips [PDF]
Tips for PreTest/PostTest Assessment.
- The Self Confidence Survey [PDF]
Series of questions for students to assess new skills. Survey is given before and after the skill is taught.
- The One Minute Paper [PDF]
Elaborate version of the muddiest point.
- Application Card Activity [PDF]
Application Card is a useful classroom assessment for prompting student applications of learned material.
- Memory Matrix Activity [PDF]
An activity for courses where there are large amounts of clearly categorized information.
- The Written Question [PDF]
An assignment to alleviate any lack of understanding in assigned readings/homework.