ICC GEER PROJECT
A bold initiative to recruit and retain underrepresented, first generation and low-income students, funded by the Illinois Community College Board from the Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) fund.
The ICC Geer Project is a collaborative effort between ICC and community partners providing a low or no-cost education to 100 minority, first generation and/or students of poverty from the Peoria area beginning this fall. By partnering with local organizations, these students will gain a broad support system to help them reach their goals.
Some community partners will provide a safe space for students to study and receive technological support. Other community partners will provide case management and mentoring. All classes will be offered in one of Illinois Central College’s four fall modalities.
ICC Geer Project provides the following services:
- Outreach and Recruitment
- College and Career Guidance and Advisement
- Assessment and Testing
- Tuition Assistance
- Assistance with Prior Tuition Debt (past due or old ICC bill)
- Laptop + Internet Service
- Case Management and Mentoring
- Tutoring and Instructional Aides
- Safe Spaces to Study and Receive Technology Support
- Job Placement with Family Sustaining Wages
Interest form below
Deadline for Submissions is August 7, 2020 @ 11:59pm
ICC GEER Project Interest Form
Submissions for the GEER Project have closed.