Teaching Online at ICC
Visit the teaching online resources page for more information.
Technology Tools to Enhance Teaching and Learning
Each semester the TLC offers a fully-online, self-paced series that features weekly posts on technology tools to help enhance teaching and learning. A new technology tool will be introduced on Tuesday of each week, accompanied by instructions, as well as sample uses. Revisit any of the topics at any time. Engage with others by posting comments and questions within the blog.
Visit icctlc.blogspot.com to read past posts or to subscribe to the weekly feed.
- Spring – 14 Tools to Flip Over
- Summer – Student Assignment Alternatives
- Fall – Google Apps & Tools
For more help with Google, seek assistance from a Teaching and Learning Center staff member, [email protected] or (309) 694-8908
Microsoft Office 365
ICC students and faculty are eligible to download Office 365 for free on up to five devices (sign up using your @lab.icc.edu email address). This includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access. Visit Get Office 365 on the Microsoft site to learn more about this program and what’s included, as well as several frequently asked questions.
Microsoft Office Home Use
Eligible ICC employees may purchase Microsoft Office 2016 at a significant discount for home use. Email [email protected] from your ICC email address for purchasing information and instructions.
Quick Reference Guides for Microsoft Office
- Custom Guide Interactive Training
High-quality quick reference guides available on the Custom Guide website can be printed and shared free of charge. Creation of a free user account is required for some guides.
- Microsoft Office Quick Starts
More complete guides are available on the Microsoft site and walk users through each application with the use of tips, shortcuts, and screenshots.
For more help with Microsoft, seek assistance from a Teaching and Learning Center staff member, [email protected] or (309) 694-8908
Attendance Tracking Templates
The attendance templates below provide ICC instructors with a quick option for generating student attendance tracking spreadsheets. How To Use the Templates [PDF]
- Attendance-MWF-template [XLSX] | Attendance-MWF-template-2 [XLSX]
- Attendance-TR-template [XLSX] | Attendance-TR-template-2 [XLSX]
- Attendance-MTWRF-template [XLSX] | Attendance-MTWRF-template-2 [XLSX]
- Attendance-OncePerWeek-template [XLSX] | Attendance-OncePerWeek-template-2 [XLSX]
- Attendance-MW-template [XLSX] | Attendance-MW-template-2 [XLSX]
- Attendance-MF-template [XLSX] | Attendance-MF-template-2 [XLSX]
Faronics Insight Software
The Faronics Insight software, which is installed in some academic classrooms across campus, allows instructors to share a view from their computer onto student computers and monitor what students are viewing at individual computers.