Mammo Van coming to ICC
The Unity Point Health- Methodist Mobile Mammography Van is scheduled to be at ICC:
East Peoria Campus:
- Tuesday, April 22, from 10 am – 4:45 pm
- Friday, April 25, from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Thursday, May 1, from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Friday, May 2, from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Wednesday, May 7, from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, April 29, from 8:30 am – 11 am
- Wednesday, May 14, from 8:30 am – 11 am
- This service is available to full-time employees, retirees and eligible dependents, covered by ICC’s health insurance plan. The cost of the screening will be covered under the wellness portion of the health plan.***Part-time employees, retirees or dependents who have health insurance other than the ICC Health Plan are still eligible for the on-campus screening. You must show proof of insurance in the form of a copy of your insurance card. Unity Point Health -Methodist will then directly bill the standard mammogram rate to your respective health insurance plan. You are then responsible for any amount which is not covered.
- To be eligible for the on-campus screening, your last mammogram must have been taken 1 year prior to the scheduling dates. Please have the name and address of the physician to whom you want the results sent when you call.
- Special Note: Unity Point Health – Methodist follows the recommendations of the American Cancer Society regarding mammograms. The current recommendation is for women to start with a baseline screening mammogram at the age of 40 and then have yearly screening mammograms after that. The exception would be for women with a strongly positive family history of breast cancer. Women in this category should consult with their physician regarding when yearly mammograms should begin. Unity Point Health-Methodist will not perform mammograms for women under 40 without a written order and authorization from a physician.
Call Health Services at Ext. 5475 or 5481 to set up an appointment.