Construction Update :: July 24, 2015
East Peoria Campus
Roof Replacement Phase 4
- The roof replacement phase 4 is complete.
Roof Top Unit Replacement Phase 3
- The Roof Top Unit Replacement Phase 3 is complete.
- Some adjustments and air balancing will occur during the week of July 27.
Library Entrance Renovations
- The glass walls are being installed.
- The casework will be delivered and installed the week of July 27.
- The computer lab ceiling grid is in place.
- The new Library entrance is scheduled to open the week of August 3.
Library Carpet Replacement
- The Library Entrance carpet is installed.
- The circulation desk will be removed on August 3.
- Carpeting on and under the Library spiral stair will be installed the week of August 3.
- The Library will be open during normal business hours.
- Women’s and men’s restrooms at Academic Building Rooms 201, 301, have tile installed.
- Installation of fixtures and partitions in restrooms 201 and 301 will occur the week of July 27.
- Construction of wall finishes in restrooms 214 and 314 will occur the week of July 27.
Science Lab Phase 9
- The casework has arrived and is being installed.
- The floor tile will be installed next week.
- The counter tops and student tables will arrive by July 30.
- The science lab in Room 318E is scheduled to be complete by August 3.
Student Resource Center
- The sanitary sewer line has been installed to the new building site, which includes Maple and Poplar Hall.
- The sheet pile driving will begin the week of July 27, and will last about three weeks.
- Some excavating of the Student Resource Center will take place in the next few weeks.
- A temporary walkway between Arbor and Poplar Hall will be placed before August 17.
Arbor South Wing Demo
- Work is complete with the Arbor South demo of the interior walls and floor.
Arbor Hall Drive and Parking
- The concrete work for the sidewalks, drive and parking space is complete.
- Landscaping of the Arbor drive and parking will begin next week.
Submitted by Director of Construction Management Kevin Roberts.