Markie Castle; Coordinator, Copyright Services and Adjunct Faculty, Paralegal Program
Markie is available:
- Mondays 10 am – 2 pm at the Peoria Campus, Cedar Hall, 6
- Thursdays 10 am – 3 pm at the East Peoria Campus, Academic Building, 240B
- By appointment at the Downtown Peoria Campus, Thomas Building
Markie is a copyright resource for the ICC faculty and staff. She is available to:
- Provide guidance and assistance (not legal counsel) concerning copyright issues.
- Research whether material needed in a classroom would be considered “fair use”.
- Review course packet materials and assist with making sure they are copyright compliant.
- Research and/or seek copyright permission from appropriate party, if material does not fall under “fair use” category.
- Support an ongoing education program on copyright laws and “fair use”.
- Present workshops or sessions to both faculty/ staff and students on copyright.
Copyright Basics Booklet – Developed at ICC to inform on basics of copyright and education.
Fair Use Checklist – Complete and retain a copy of this form in connection with each possible “fair use” of a copyrighted work for your project.
Copyright in Education: Common Questions & Answers – A Collection of FAQ’S compiled from the Copyright Corner Newsletters.