Policies and Regulations
Like all community colleges, Illinois Central College has an abundance of commuters vying for space to park vehicles. To make it easier for students, faculty, staff, and visitors, the following regulations have been established in accordance with the Illinois Community College Act. For further information concerning fines, appeals, and motorist assistance, consult Traffic and Parking Information brochure available in Campus Police, Room 103A. For your protection, violators are subject to fines in accordance with our state laws.
- Faculty/Staff: Vehicle identification sticker required to park in Lot A and the staff areas of Lots C and F. Staff parking slots are designated with blue lines while student areas have yellow lines
- Visitors: Parking area reserved in Lot V
- Disabilities: To accommodate special requirements, designated parking is available in Lots C, E, F, and the Circle Drive - the College recognizes only State wheelchair license plates or parking cards for parking privileges on the East Peoria Campus
- Temporary Disabled: Temporary disabled parking permits may be applied for by contacting Campus Police, 103A
- Loading: Parking for 15 minutes is permitted in designated areas in Lots D, E, and F for loading/unloading heavy or bulky material
Downtown Peoria Campus Parking
Daytime Peoria Civic Center
50 spaces available Monday thru Friday - $1.50 daily with tickets purchased at Perley.
One Technology Parking Deck
For Electronically Scanned Student Pass Cardholders Only!
There will be 260 slots available for ICC students. Students must purchase a pass for $20 prior to using the facility, and will be allotted a number of hours depending upon the number of credit hours at the Peoria Campus. Entrance to the ICC portion of the garage will require the electronically scanned pass card issued to the student at the Perley building, room 103. Any student parking in the public areas of this deck must pay public prices. All students enrolled in 3 sem. hrs or more may apply for a card at the Perley Administration Office. Any student parking in the public areas of this deck must pay public prices.
After 6:00pm get your ticket stamped in the Perley Administration Office or in the HAPS Library, then parking after 6PM is free. ON CIVIC CENTER ACTIVITY NIGHTS YOU MUST PAY $5 TO PARK IN THE DECK (All instructors please see the Perley office for further details).
Jefferson St. Parking Deck
After 6:00pm get your ticket stamped at the HAPS Library or Perley Administration Office, then parking after 6:00pm is free. ON CIVIC CENTER ACTIVITY NIGHTS YOU MUST PAY $5 TO PARK IN THE DECK (All instructors please see the Perley office for further details).
After 6:00pm - Free
Tickets will be issued and fines assessed for violation of parking regulations. Fines must be paid within 10 school days or the fine will be doubled.
Tickets will be issued to the operator or owner for violations of parking regulations with the following fines assessed to the violator:
- Parking in a No Parking area: $10
- Parking in disabled parking areas without appropriate permit: $350
- Parking in staff areas without appropriate sticker: $10
- Staff or students parking in visitor areas: $25
- Parking in violation of safety regulations on a roadway, fire lane, loading dock, sidewalk, grass, or in front of fire hydrants: $20
- Parking in areas designated Authorized Vehicle Only, College Vehicles, or Vendors without proper authorization or approval by Campus Police: $10
- Improper parking not included in other violations: $10
Tickets issued by Illinois Central College may be appealed by filing an Appeal for Traffic and Parking Citation with the Student Accounting Office, Room L210, within 10 school days of the date the ticket is issued. A copy of the ticket must be attached to the completed appeals form. Appeals will be heard by the Traffic Committee, comprised of students, faculty, and staff, at regular meetings held during the academic year. A written notice of the Traffic Committee's decision will be sent to the appellant.