And Then They Came for Me is a unique theatrical experience: a multimedia play that combines videotaped interviews with Holocaust survivors Ed Silverberg and Eva Schloss with live actors recreating scenes from their lives during World War II. Ed was Anne Frank’s first boyfriend, and she wrote about him in the beginning of her now-famous diary. Eva Schloss was the same age as Anne Frank and lived in the same apartment building in Amsterdam. Eva’s family went into hiding the same day as the Frank family, and like the Frank family, they were betrayed. On Eva’s 15th birthday, her family was arrested by the Nazis and sent to concentration camps. Eva and her mother survived, and after the war her mother married Otto Frank (Anne’s father).
Part oral history, part dramatic action, part remembrance, And Then They Came for Me breaks new ground and has been applauded by audiences and critics in worldwide productions. The production is like historic newsreel footage brought to life on the stage and makes for a beautiful and moving evening in the theater.
Produced by special arrangement with THE DRAMATIC PUBLISHING COMPANY of Woodstock, Illinois
Online Ticketing Terms and Conditions
By purchasing ICC Performing Arts Center tickets online, you agree to the applicable terms and conditions listed below.
- Tickets are sold on a no refunds/no exchanges basis.
- Tickets can be purchased using a valid credit card for listed-ticketed events.
- Tickets are generally made available at least 30 days prior to an event.
- Once on the ticketing system homepage, users can enter the ticketing system site by clicking the Login link.
- For general admission (open/non-assigned seating) events, users select the number of tickets of each type (general admission, student, etc.) they wish to purchase, then enter the payment method on the final screen of the transaction.
- For assigned seating events, users select the number of tickets of each type (general admission, student, etc.) they wish to purchase, then select their specific seats prior to entering the payment method on the final screen of the transaction.
- Handicapped-accessible seating sales must be transacted by phone; please call the Box Office at (309) 694-5136 to purchase such tickets or discuss any special needs. The Box Office is open Mon-Fri: 10 am – 4 pm (excluding holidays) and 1 hour prior to ticketed events in the Performing Arts Center.
- Tickets purchased will be available for pick-up at the will call window up to 1 hour prior to the start of the event.
- Online ticket sales will be cut-off 2 hours prior to the scheduled start time of an event. After that time, tickets may only be purchased via telephone or in person at the Performing Arts Center Box Office.
- Please be advised that not all Arts at ICC events require tickets (such as most free events).
- Users wishing to pick up tickets at time other than immediately before the event should call the Box Office at (309) 694-5136 to make arrangements.
- Users purchasing tickets for an available discounted rate (such as student or senior citizen rates, if available) may be asked to provide proof of qualification (such as a student ID) when picking up their tickets.