Advisement & Counseling Services
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some signs that you might have an eating disorder?
- Weighing yourself frequently
- Guilt or shame about eating
- Need for perfection, Claims of "feeling fat" when weight is normal or low
What are common signs of alcohol dependence?
- Missing work or school because of drinking
- Black-outs or missed time
- Getting drunk when you didn't intend to
Where can you go on campus if you have been the victim of a sexual assault?
- ICC has a sexual Assault Team to assist anyone who is assaulted
- Services are completely confidential
- You can call (309) 694-5281 and ask to speak to a counselor
- You can call (309) 694-5223 to speak with a public safety officer
How can you learn to manage your stress level?
- Practice a relaxation technique
- Exercise each week
- Talk to a counselor