We use a computer-adaptive testing system from American College Testing (ACT) called COMPASS that assesses math and reading skills.
- The test session lasts approximately two hours. The average time for each test is 45 minutes.
- This test is not timed. You are encouraged to take as much time as you need.
- A photo ID is required to take the test.
- There is no charge for placement testing.
- Reservations are required.
- You may bring a calculator but restrictions may apply. (Be sure your calculator isn't prohibited)
- If you require reasonable accommodations for testing, please contact Access Services at (309) 694-5749 to discuss the documentation you will need to submit.
- Results are available a few minutes after completing the test.
- Reading results are valid for five years.
- Mathematics results are valid for three years.
You may repeat each test once. You may consider retesting if time has elapsed and you have studied or gained more information, and you strongly feel that your scores could improve.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, select the link below and follow these instructions. If you need assistance, please call the Testing Center at (309) 694-5234.
Students interested in the Registered and Practical Nursing Programs will need to successfully complete the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) BEFORE submitting their application for their respective program.
Entrance into Biology 205 is dependent upon successful completion of the Anatomy and Physiology placement test (or successful completion of both CHEM 115 or higher and BIOL 111 or BIOL 160). Study Topics are available.
Other placement tests are available but not required for individuals with background knowledge in Spanish, Music Theory and Engineering. For information call the Testing Center at (309) 694-5234.