Students range in age from 16 to 73 and have found that earning a GED certificate can be the first step toward personal goals and enhanced self-esteem. Many find employment, advance on the job, or continue his/her education.
Our GED preparation classes cover all subject areas found on the GED test and are FREE made possible from a grant from the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) and offered through ICC’s Adult Education Program. Class enrollment is first come; first serve and at the beginning and midterm of each semester.
Interested student must participate in a screening, consisting of a math and reading test.
An option to take our classes in spanish is available.
Our classes are offered at all four ICC campuses and several sites around our community. Class schedules and times vary by site. For more information and upcoming enrollment dates, call our office at (309) 694-5240.
Online Preparation Classes
i-Pathways offers free online GED preparation classes to eligible Illinois residents who reside in ICC’s district and who enroll in our Adult Education program.
Online learning is not for everyone. The following requirements must be met for i-Pathway eligibility.
- Must be a current resident of Illinois Community College District #514
- Must have access to a computer with Internet access
- Must have a ninth grade reading and math levels as determined by an in-person screening with the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Must attend one in-person orientation session and a minimum of two additional in-person sessions with the online instructor
- Must commit to spending at least five hours each week online in order to remain active in the program
- Must post test with the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) upon completion of the program
For more information about i-Pathways, please visit i-pathways.org. To schedule a screening to determine your eligibility, call our office at (309) 694-5240.