Upon Program Acceptance
There are additional steps in order to enroll in Health Career Program classes once you have been “officially accepted”.
Step 1 Attend group registration
Get the answers to any questions you may have, plan your class schedule, PLUS complete the authorization form required to allow a fingerprint and background check to be conducted. If unable to attend, please call (309) 690-7530.
Step 2 Complete all forms and bring them to your IWIRC appointment by July 15
Illinois Central College student medical records are kept on file at the Illinois Work Injury Resource Center (IWIRC) in Peoria. It is recommended that the physical examination and immunizations require for admittance into an ICC Health Careers Program be done at the IWIRC, but you may choose your own healthcare provider.
Illinois Work Injury Resource Center (IWIRC)
736 SW Washington, Street, Suite 2A (Washington and State Street)
Peoria, IL 61602
Mon-Fri: 7:30 am – 5 pm
- Form 1: Drug Testing Consent form (urine screen to be performed at IWIRC)
- Form 2: Fingerprint/background check consent/release form* (fingerprint performed at IWIRC)
- Form 3: Health Insurance/Financial Responsibility waiver
- Form 4: Latex Sensitivity Screening form (must be signed by a healthcare provider)
- Form 5: Medical History form
- Form 6: Physical Examination form*
- Form 7: Immunization requirements*
*IWIRC will provide all health services required, including physical exam and immunizations. The physical examination form MUST be completed by a healthcare provider. You may choose your own healthcare provider for completing physical exam and immunization. Documentation for proof of immunizations is required.
Step 3 Call (309) 497-0300 to schedule an appointment at IWIRC, AFTER receiving the Fingerprint Request form in the mail.
The Fingerprint Request form MUST be presented at time of IWIRC appointment. You must bring all completed forms (1-5) with you to your scheduled appointment. If using a healthcare provider other than IWIRC for your physical exam (form 6) and immunizations, it is your responsibility to submit completed exam form and documentation of immunizations to IWIRC.
- Student is responsible for all fees incurred.
- Cost of drug screen and fingerprint/background check is $78, and ICC will bill the student.
- Payment for physical exam and immunizations conducted at IWIRC must be paid at time service is rendered.
- IWIRC accepts cash, personal check, or credit card at time of service.
It is recommended that students keep a copy of all information submitted. Program director/faculty is not allowed to accept student health records or information. While enrolled in an ICC Health Careers Program, individual compliance will be continuously monitored. Any student not in compliance will not be allowed to enter or continue in the program.
Questions? Call (309) 690-7530.